Cricket Betting

Prakash Jha Files an Extortion Case Against NY Producers

Bollywood News Oct 20, 2011 No comments
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)

Eminent director producer of Bollywood Prakash Jha has lodged a complaint recently accusing two New York film makers of threatening him and trying extort more than Rs two crore from him. The case had been filed at the Amboli police station.

Prakash Jha Receives Extortion Threats

Prakash Jha Receives Extortion Threats

R Kane, assistant police inspector, Amboli police station said, “Jha, in his complaint, said that the two film-makers – Pramod Bhanti and Devendra Singh – both New York based, demanded more than Rs2 crore from him. They also sent him threatening emails and made phone calls demanding the money.”

As per police Jha and these two accuse two New Yorkers has planned a movie project way back in 2004 and for which Prakash had even written a script. But things didn’t work out and the idea was dropped so Jha returned these producers Rs. 24.59 lakh that they had paid him.

The two producers named Bhanti and Singh, however, constantly called and emailed Prakash and demanded more money from him. Kane further told, “According to the complaint, the accused threatened to kill Jha if he did not pay them. Jha said that his friend in New York was also harassed by the accused.”

Under IPC section 384 (Punishment for extortion) and 120B (Punishment of criminal conspiracy) a case has been registered against the two. Prakash didn’t receive any of the calls and messages of the two New York filmmakers.

Comments

Leave a Reply